Monday, October 28, 2013

Monday October 28, 2013

It is funny how quickly the Lord puts trials into your life when things are going good.  Let me start off by saying what an amazing day I had Saturday.  My investigator Joe from my last area got baptized.  It was such a special moment for me.  We had to move everyone into the chapel because of all the people that showed up for him.  I didn't cry when he was baptized, but when I saw walk back into the chapel after changing I did cry a little bit.  You know me and how emotional I get when it comes to spiritual things.  He just looked so pure and I swear he was glowing.  The joy and peace it brought to my heart was amazing.  I knew that he had made the right step in his life and I can not wait for him to go through the temple.  I told him I plan on being there and that we would stay in touch.  It is crazy how life changing it is to see one of your investigators accept the gospel into their lives.  I know that he is going to be such a solid member.  His testimony is so strong, when he was bearing it I thought he is for sure going to be called a bishop someday in his life.  I will send you a picture.  Things with my companions are going good.  Sister Roberson thinks she has depression and wants to go home.  I don't know what to think because she is always joyful and happy.  I have caught on that when we hear stories from people she some how in her mind turns them into her own.  Last week we were talking to someone about their nephew or something that came home early from their mission because he had depression.  All of a sudden Friday night she tells us she has moderate depression and she feels like it is getting worse and that she prayed about it and wants to go home.  So times she talks about leaving and other times she talks about staying out here.
    Okay now for the part that I have been dreading to right.  October 26th, 2013 will always be a bittersweet day for me.  When my first investigator was baptized and when my dear sweet Grandma Raiser passed away.  Sunday evening I received a text from my mission president asking me specifically to give him a call when I got a chance.  I thought it was to talk about Sister Roberson, but for a split second I thought about it being about someone passing away in the family.  I called him back and he asked me to meet him at the mission office.  Right then I knew that the later thought was true.  I quickly said a prayer to my heavenly father that everyone was okay and to bring peace to me whatever news that President was to give me.  I had a feeling that Grandma had passed away, but I thought it would be Grandma Metcalf.  When we got to his office he pulled me in and told me he got a call from Mom that afternoon and I started to cry, but hold my breathe to see who he was going to say who it was.  When he said it was my grandmother I asked if it was Metcalf and he said no when I asked if it was Raiser he said yes and I began to cry even harder.  Mom I want you to know that after he broke the news to me the first thing I asked him was how you were doing and how you sounded on the phone.  My thoughts immediately went to you and everyone else.  I think that is one blessing of serving a mission is that I am always thinking of others now.  President and I talked for a few minutes then he left me alone in the room for a few minutes.  It was there that I decided that I needed to turn to my Heavenly Father since there was no family near by I could turn to.  I poured out my heart to him praying for all of you.  I can not describe to you the feelings I had during the prayer.  I felt so much love and peace that I knew my Father in Heaven and Grandma Raiser were right there by me.  I could feel it so strong.  It was during the prayer that that I realized that Grandma would be with her parents and her son.  How this is a time that she is taking to get to know him.  It has been tough these last 24 hours.  I am not going to lie, and it was tough to read everyone's emails.  Although I cried while reading them, know that it has brought peace to my heart about everything.  I am glad to know that she was surrounded by all her grandchildren and family that could be there.  I am glad that she went peacefully.  I know that it is better that she is on the other side and doesn't have to go through this life anymore with pain.  I know that she lived a good long life and I think of all the great memories I had with her growing up.  I feel so blessed for the close relationship I had with her because not many people get to meet their grandparents or even have a strong relationship with them.  I feel so blessed to have this gospel in my life and to have the knowledge that I have that I will see Grandma again.  I know that it is going to be a tough couple of days, but I know that this will only strengthen my testimony and make me stronger.  I wish I could be there with you all, I wish I could of been there to say goodbye, I wish I would of known when I was leaving that I might not ever see her again.  Don't worry about me, know that I am okay and I am trying to come to terms and peace about everything that has happened.  I wish I could be there for her funeral, but I will send a letter to Grandma and Grandpa Raiser's house to be read at the funeral.  I pray and worry about all of you, I wish I could just be there to morn with you and to hug all of you and be there with you in this difficult time.  How is Ginny? I have been thinking and praying for her as well.  I pray individually for you all every night, but I have been praying even more for all of you these last 24 hours.  Mom I worry about you, I cannot even imagine what you and Ginny are going through.  I can't even imagine losing you right now.  I know that she lived a full life, but it is still tough.  I cry sometimes mom when I think of what you are going through.  I wish I could be there to give you a hug and just cry with you.  I am so sorry that this happened while I was on my mission, but I can't wait to see how strong everyone will come out from this.  I have been praying that Uncle Aaron will be able to attend his mothers funeral.  I know that it might take a miracle, but I have faith and hope that Heavenly Father can make this happen.  I know that Grandma would love for him to attend.  I am sure grandma is looking over him now. Please send my love to everyone.
    I know that God has restored His Gospel here on earth.  I know that my Redeemer lives and that He truly understands the pains and the sorrows that we are all going through.  Although He cannot take them all away, I know that He can make them lighter as we turn to Him.  How blessed are we to know the truth and to know that we have a Father and Heaven that loves us.  Alma 11:42-45 has brought so much peace to my heart these last 24 hours.  How lucky we are to have the knowledge that Grandma will be Resurrected and that she will be perfect, she will have no pains and have she will be able to move around like she use to in her younger years.  I know that our testimonies will be strengthen.  This week might be a downer and tough especially on Saturday, but I know that Grandma wouldn't want us to dwell on these things, she will want us to move on and remember the good things about her.  I pray that as I am out here working in the Lords vineyard in Boise Idaho, that I will making Grandma Raiser and Grandpa Metcalf proud as well as my Savior and Heavenly Father.  I love you all so so so so much!!! And I pray for you all.  Know that I am doing okay and I will be fine.

Love
Sister Metcalf
(The youngest Metcalf out in the mission field)
Sister Thompson, me, Joe, and Sister Dickey
He got baptized on Saturday, we all taught him

 This one is Megan's fault.  She told me that since I am done with training that I have to burn a training bra so I did with my trainer hahaha 





Our convert baptism

No comments:

Post a Comment