Monday, October 21, 2013

Monday October 21, 2013

Well on Saturday we go transfer calls and I am staying in my area with Sister Roberson, but Sister Dickey is now joining our companionship.  I am super excited, but I had actually known about it for a week.  Normally this would never happen but President told me a week earlier that he wanted to put me in a trio with Sister Roberson and bring Sister Dickey in.  I am still a little uneasy about things, but having sister dickey here has already helped a ton.  Knowing that there is someone else I can lean on and almost tag team with nice.  This is Sister Dickeys last transfer, she is seriously so awesome and I will be sad when she has to go, but these next 6 weeks we are going to tearin' it up.  I really feel like we will be able to push this work along, it is right there, I can feel so much potential in this area.  I want big and exciting things to happen for her last transfer and for her to go out with a bang.  All I can do is try my best and leave the rest up to the Lord.
   This week has just been a blah week I feel like, nothing was really happening, we weren't able to meet any of our goals, all of our investigators are at a standstill.  I decided yesterday that I am going to have to drop this older lady that we have been trying to teach.  She understands some things but I feel like when I ask her questions she gets confused and starts rambling on about other things.  I mean I love the older people and visiting them as well as working with them, but it is almost like the good,better, best situation.  I will still stop by occasionally to visit, but I feel like she can't be one of the focus' in this area.
    There was a situation this week that I had to deal with with my companion.  Well it all started on Wednesday night when I woke up at 1 am and I saw Sister Roberson between my bed and my desk(the way our room is set up is bunk beds then my bed then a desk).  Anyways so she was over there and the phone was lit up.  I just had the sick feeling in my stomach and I just knew it was the spirit that woke me up because she was super quiet.  I just asked her what she was doing and she said she thought we got a text and then went into the bathroom for like 20sec but didn't even go.  I sat up for the next hour not knowing what to do or how to handle the situation.  I talked to her the next day about it and told her how it was not okay and that i was having a really hard time trusting her with things and I told her how I knew she had been lying to me about things as well.  Like early this week she was telling members how in H.S. the football coach recruited her to be a quarterback, and she has been saying that since the beginning.  But all of a sudden she mentioned how she also got recruited by Baylor to be a quarterback as well on a full ride scholarship.  The members just started laughing and I tried to keep it in but I couldn't.  I mean that seriously was so not believable at all.
   Anyways so we had district meeting later that day and a lady in the office that I talk to quite a bit pulled me aside to talk to me because I wanted to ask her if people with aspergers lie and what not. I also wanted to ask her they steal, because her granddaughter has the same thing.  There was an instance earlier in the week where when we got back from exchanges one of the sisters called asking if Sister Roberson knew where her coloring pencils were.  She didn't remember using them and I had to pull it out of her and basically told her to go check her bag, and as I knew they were there.  Anyways since then I have had this feeling that see has been taking things from members houses because she goes to the bathroom at every house we go to and she wanders a lot when I am in the middle of a conversation with people and I don't even notice that she is gone.  Anyways so I was talking to Sister Olson(lady in the office) about this and she told me how when we were eating at her daughter in laws house with her a few weeks ago she saw sister Roberson take some packet stuff by the sink.  She thought it was hers and had forgotten to say something to me.  Anyways so I had to confront sister Roberson about all this and literally all heck broke lose.  She was denying everything and was crying up a storm and was throwing a fit.  I was trying to calm her down but kept saying how it needed to stop and that these things have been brought to my attention by members.  She said she use to steal petty things back at home but she stopped that.  and she threw in at the end that because of her diabetes she sometimes forgets things/blacks out....basically she was trying to make that an excuse, I have no clue.  I told her she has to sit by me at all times and let me know when she is going to the bathroom.  I will be writing my mission president about this this week and we will see what he will have to say. 
   The rest of this week has been a blur to me.  I did have some little elves drop off some packages to me:) My winter stuff and cookies.They were quiet, I just happened to be walking up the stairs to grab something to leave and I saw some people at the door and I didn't have my badge on so I hurried upstairs to put it on and when I looked out the upstairs window I saw all the kids running away....it was so cute!!!! Let me tell you, I wanted to run out there and talk to them and give everyone all hugs but I was too sure on my comp would like that. So I just yelled at the window that I loved them all and waved at them when I went to grab the things as they drove by. Thank you so much for the goodies I really do appreciate them and the winter things.  I am not going to start wearing my winter things till the upper is in the 40s.  I have this theory that if i wait as long as possible I won't have to wear big coats for winter cuz the jackets will keep me warm.  And I mean it is still in the upper 60s right now.  Well I love you all.  Oh and mom you can send me a journal for Christmas   I have already filled up one(i have one more that i will use).  I can't believe i have already filled up a whole journal in just two transfers.  That just tells you of all the stories that I will have to tell you when I get home.  I can't believe that it has already been three months, has the time just blown by for you as it has for me?
Spiritual thought this week is a video, saw it in R.S. and it brought me to tears, so dad be prepared cuz I know this one will make you cry as well.  It is so 

inspirational to me. http://www.mormonchannel.org/mormon-messages-for-youth?v=911161826001.  God Lives and he hears and answers prayers.  Know that we are suppose to learn and grow from our trials, I am coming to know and realize this more and more this week.  I love you all and hope all is well.

Love
Sister Metcalf

Tablerock Hike

No comments:

Post a Comment