Monday, June 2, 2014

Monday June 2, 2014

"You're either Pregnant or you're not"‏

Okay Okay, I know exactly how Megan feels about subject lines.  I know mine seems odd, but you will have to read my email for it to make sense.  Never a dull week here in missionary life, i seriously feel like this last week just blew by.  We didn't meet our goals we had set for lessons this week, but that is driving us to work harder this week. Overall this was a really good week for us, the Lord has been really forcing me to turn outwards and focus on others which I love! We actually did some biking this week because it was the end of the month so we had to save on out miles.  It has been a ton of fun, we actually asked the members if we can use their bike a little bit longer.  Only story from that is that some how we both have managed for both bikes we were on for the pedals to fall off! hahaha I think the worst one was on Thursday, we were in a hurry because we thought we had a meeting on Saturday, but the people text ed us that morning and said it was today. So we hurried up and left our apartment and started biking the two miles to the church where we park the car.  It normally takes ten minutes, well my companion forgot to tell me how on the previous day when we were on exchanges she used my bike and the pedal fell off. So we got about a quarter of a mile and the pedal fell off and we didn't have the tools to fix it. I tried but it would only last for about 10 feet. So I ended up running/jogging the rest of the 2 miles with the bike. People were looking at us like we were crazy, but I just kept laughing. Tender mercy from the Lord was the cool breeze he would send my way. Let's just say that that was an eventful day for us.That is one thing that I have been trying to do better at.  Is being grateful during my times on trial. So far it has been tough but has been working out really well.
    This week we went on exchanges with some sisters that we are over, they are really struggling so that was a big focus for us this week.  They don't communicate with each other, which is a huge part in companionship unity.  We told them how this is just preparing them for the rest of their life, that they need to voice their opinions and speak up when they feel like something that the other companion is doing is wrong.  We had a good talk with them and they seem to be doing a lot better these past few days which has been good because I was worried about them.  
    While on exchanges, Sister Hatch stayed here and met up with our investigator, Elvira. They read the Book of Mormon with her and it just went so well.   We have to go a little slower with her because we read a verse in English then she reads it in Croatian (her native language) and then we talk about it.  She knows English really well, she has been in the U.S. for 13 years but it is the old English that is hard for her.  She is just amazing and just soaking everything up.  She knows that she doesn't need to understand everything now that it will take time and she will always be continually learning which is just awesome that she already knows that from this point.  She has been really feeling the spirit and she is just glowing.  We sent a Baptismal date with her last week for June 21st!!! She is so excited, she went to church for the first time yesterday and just loved it.  She told everyone about how she was getting baptized and is just so excited, she has even told all her co-workers who are LDS and were the ones that introduced her.  She just has that desire and drive, now we just got to make sure that she is ready for that.  It has been a while since I have had an investigator like this, one who is ready to get baptized before they know everything and are ready.  Usually its the other way around, they know everything but they have concerns holding them back.  I know that the Lord has prepared her and she will be ready by the 21st.  She keeps telling us how good she feels when we teach her and when she prays(she loves to pray!), and we explained to her how that is spirit! Its amazing that she knows that she is not going to know everything and she doesn't let that over whelm her.  Everyone just loves her, and I am just so excited for her.  She even asked us on Sunday to meet with her this week on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday!
   Now we are just hoping to get Charlie on date tonight.  Since march our mission has been doing a "harvest", us as leaders wanted our mission to strive to have each ward to have a baptism by the end of June(which is about 130)/  We are short by just 45.  I have so much faith and hope that our mission is going to reach that, I know there will be obstacles put in our place but we will over come them! Just talking to the other sisters that I am over, it is amazing the miracles that the Lord allows us to see as missionaries.
    On Saturday I got to go to a Baptism in my last area, it was a daughter that I started to teach of a lady who is trying to come back to church.  I don't know if you every remember me telling you about Ursula or Mercedes? Well it was Mercedes baptism.  It was so good to see them both and to hear how they were doing.  I miss them, Ursula really challenged me and asked me hard questions.  She always kept me on my toes, she was so happy to see me too. We had a good talk about how things are going and they seem to be going well for her. She will always hold a special place in my heart, she is such an amazing person. The baptism was great, kind of funny because she had a 2 year old cousin that just kept shooting things out like "I want to say the prayer" or "you go get into the water Mercedes"
   Also on Saturday we had a last minute meeting, all the Zone Leaders and Sister Training Leaders got called in to have a talk with Elder Godoy.  He talked about how we need to be better leaders and set the example to those missionaries we are over.  We talked a lot about obedience, it was just so good and really made me want to be a better missionary.  What he said really hit me, he said "we are either obedient or we are not, there is no in between" "Just like being pregnant you are either pregnant or not".  It was funny that analogy he made but it made sense, we can't pick and choose the rules that we want to follow, we either follow them all or we do not! I wish I could just send you all my notes. He made me feel like I need to have a better responsibility over the sisters that I am over. It overall was great and he was just so funny.
   Things here have been going really well overall. Things have been great. I am just loving the work and enjoying all the moments.  I hope that all is well with you! I love you all so much and love hearing from you each and every week. Know that if the small things matter to you, then they matter to your Father in Heaven.  Read your scriptures and say your prayers every night!

Shout out with love,
Sister Metcalf
(from the Gem State)

P.S. You may laugh at me but for the longest time I thought Idaho was the potato state until I saw it on a license plate and said something to my companion. She just laughed at me. You learn something new everyday.






No comments:

Post a Comment