Monday, May 19, 2014

Monday May 19, 2014

Does anyone know how to slow down time?‏

I can't believe that it is already Monday again, i feel like these weeks have just been flying by here.  This week was a busy one for us and a pretty successful one as well.  This week we met with our golden investigator, Elvira.  She is seriously so awesome! We taught her the Restoration and the Plan of Salvation, it was great! The spirit was there so strong and she accepted everything that we had to tell her.  We extended the baptismal date of June 21st which she accepted.  When we met with her again yesterday we asked her about that date and she feels so right about it and she prayed about it.  She talked about the feelings she gets as we teach her and when she prays and we explained how it is the spirit.  I am just so excited for her!  The lesson on the Plan of Salvation was so amazing.  She lost her husband a year ago and she hopes to be with him again.  At the end of the lesson I just bore a simple testimony to her about how she can be together with her family forever through the gospel.  We both started to cry, i can not explain the feelings I have for her.  All the pain, hard-work, and tears are worth it for this one person that I have been able to teach in this area.  I can see how much it has already changed her life and how much more blessed she will be.
   This week my companion and I also did some training at Zone Conference.  We were a little nervous the morning of because the night before we kind of switched up our game plan and were a little unsure about everything.  But overall it went so well and our Mission President was so appreciative of what we talked about he said it was what the missionaries needed to hear and set the tone for the rest of the conference as well as lead in perfectly to what he talked about.  Sister Hatch and I talked about our purpose and I started out with talking about the reason why we all decided to come out on missions and borrowed someones call letter to read.  We talked about what we committed to when we accepted the call as well as the blessings that are promised to us.  We then went through faith, repentance, baptism, holy Ghost, and enduring to the end to us as missionaries and how that applies with us.  We talked about how we are hear to invite others to come unto Christ, which means we first have to be there.  We ended with a video clip of elder Hollands about Missionary Work and the Atonement.  It was so good and talked about how missionary work is not meant to be easy. Overall the Zone conference was really good.  President and Sister Winder talked to us about the families and the importance of us standing up for our beliefs because of what is happening around the world.  And it just really hit me that we will most likely be the last one standing on our beliefs about the family and marriage.  It is crazy how much everything is changing out there in the real world, I feel like I am stuck in my missionary bubble.
   This week we also had our Stake BBQ and it turned out a lot better than we thought it was going to.  It was pretty much my companion and I that were spear heading it.  Not a huge turn out like I am use to for stake activities but about 175 people came out.  There were a lot of non members as well as some less actives.  Over all I feel like it was a pretty successful event.  As well as at church yesterday we had a couple of less actives that we are working with come out to church, it was so awesome to of seen them.  I feel like the week was really successful for us.  I can not believe that it is already a new transfer.  My companion and I ended up staying together which we were excited about.  (But we have moved apartments so it kind of still feels like transfers to us.  I can't remember what our address is but I promise to send it in my next email so just keep sending my stuff to the mission office and they will forward it to me.)We sat down last night and set some goals for us this next transfer, we are really hoping to see a lot of success.  I also have decided to fully give up my fear to the the Lord and we are gonna do some productive tracking every single day.  We do track but usually not everyday so I have committed to do that.  I know that there are people out there just like Elvira that are in a famine and are thirsting to hear about the gospel.  I loved this week, I felt like our Zone Conference re instilled my drive and desire and made me want to kick everything up a notch.  
   I am glad that everything is going so well with all of you! I love you all and am glad to hear that everything went smoothly for the funerals.  Sorry that this is a short email again. I love you all! I feel so blessed to be out here serving a mission right now. I am so grateful for the knowledge that I have of the Gospel and the opportunity that I have to share it with those around me.  I am so grateful for family and the love and support that I receive from all of you!

Love
Sister Metcalf

No comments:

Post a Comment