Monday, April 7, 2014

Monday April 7, 2014

I seriously cannot believe how fast this transfer has flown by! I am half way through in my mission transfers wise! Transfer calls came in on Saturday and I am staying and my companion is leaving. I was so shocked! We had only been together for one transfer, I feel like I barely know the area. I am a little stressed and worried because she had been here for 6 months and just knows everyone. She is from Utah, i know her pretty well and have been on exchanges with her and I know that she is a hard worker which I am excited to go out and work hard.  I am actually super impressed and amazed by her cuz she actually has stuttering problem but still decided to come out when as a missionary all we do is speak to people.  She is super bold and has no fear which I love, I know that she is going to push me to be a better missionary. But I know that everything will be fine and it is what the Lord wants.  My new companion is Sister Hatch, she just became and STL and has been a transfer out longer than me.  We will be Co-STL's together which will be nice, but I feel a little stressed that I have to train her on a sense of all that we do.  Do you know she will be my 9th companion in 9 months?! That is just so crazy to me, I feel like I can't keep a companion.  Well I guess I have been in 3 trios and have been training a lot back to back to back. I think the Lord knows that I don't like change very much so he has been giving it to me a lot on my mission which I know is good for me.
   So sad news that I keep forgetting to tell. So one of my first companions I had when I first came out and was trained in a trio, Sister Thompson, went home a few weeks ago.  I was so sad to hear this, we were in the MTC together! That is two sisters from my MTC district that have gone home early.  Also last Saturday I got a phone call from Sister Roberson and she told me that she was going home :( She actually left last Monday.  I got to see her before she left which was really nice.  When she called to tell me she was going home I started crying. I am seriously so proud of her and for her staying out for 7 1/2 months.  I told her how proud I was and how much she had grown and how she had been successful.  I was sad to see her go, but I knew that she was ready and needed to come home.  I just hope and pray that her parents were supportive and everything.  So this now makes 3 of my companions that have gone home early.  I have learned so much from them when they were my companions and was so sad to see them go.  We actually have been having quite a few sisters that have been going home early, and it is so sad to see. I guess with the wave coming out there are gonna be a few that go home.
   This week was a slower week with us with all the meetings, transfers, and General Conference.  We had Mission Leadership Council on Tuesday, it is where all the zone leaders and Sister training leaders get together to discuss different types of things in the mission.  It was really good and President really inspired me to work harder and keep pushing.  Last month was a pretty good month for our mission with finding new investigators as well as baptisms.  He talked to us about how if we spend 50% of the time with members(active and less active) and 50% with investigators and 100% of the time finding then we will double our baptisms.  This week I get to go back to my old area for the Baptism of one of my investigators I was teaching, Emily.  I am so excited for her and so excited to see old faces and hear how the other investigators are doing.  We also had zone meeting this week as well, Sister Allen and I actually went to another zone meeting of the sisters that we are over because they asked us to do a training.  It was pretty great and we did some really fun role plays with them.  Wasn't general conference just amazing this weekend! I loved it so much. Saturday Morning session was probably my favorite, Elder Holland just started it off with a bang! I just got so much out of conference, I just want to re watch it over and over again and reread the talks! My new favorite speaker is Elder Corbridge, I thought he was amazing pretty much teaching the first lesson and bearing his testimony of Joesph Smith. I wish we had conference more then two times a year.  I truly believe that things like General Conference, Zone meetings, district meetings, ect are needed as a missionary because you just are re-energized to go out and just take on the world. I hope that all of you got the chance to watch it.  
   I love you all so much!!!! Sorry for the short email this week.
Love
Sister Metcalf
 My New Companion
 On my birthday
With Sister Roberson

No comments:

Post a Comment