Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Wednesday, November 13th, 2013

 60 bags of leaves
 Everyone in my zone
 Hiked table rock as a zone again
 Raking leaves
Random deer sighting

Mi Familia,
     Sorry you haven't heard from me yet, on Monday all the libraries were closed for veterans day and yesterday we had a Zone conference.  To be honest this one is probably going to be a short one.  Nathan did you ever have those days where you just didn't want to email? That is kind of how I am feeling today.  
 1)Everything is pretty much the same here.  I am trying my best to progress the work here and sometimes it gets frustrating when I feel like I am trying my hardest and our investigators are all at a standstill and nothing seems to be happening.  I am trying to stay positive and to just keep pushing.  We actually found 2 new investigators on Sunday which was such a miracle.  We are going to be seeing these people again tomorrow so we will see.  
2)There are some changes happening in our mission which I feel like is for the best.  We use to get together as a whole mission to play sports which was nice, but now that a lot of younger elders and sisters have come in you could see that their was a lot more flirting going on.  Now we are only suppose to do activities on P-days with our zone, which is the norm in other missions.  \
3)Also we now will be doing what Megan does in her mission with temple trips.  Sadly we will not be going to the temple every transfer.  We don't know how often it would be but when we do go the day we go to the temple with be our p-day.  Like Megan how today she went to the temple so this is her p-day.  
4)The missionaries in our mission have to wear yellow neon vests at night while riding bikes.  Look out for them Jensa and Elise. hahaha I think that it is quite funny.
5)Same old same old with my companion.  Some days are harder than others, luckily there are two of us so when one of us can't put up with her any longer the other can take over.  This week she has been trying to take charge a little bit more which you think would be good but it is not.   She started setting up appointments with people and then would forget to tell us or it was a time when we had another appointment.  I am still trying to work with her on writing things down in her planner.  
6)Funny story this week.  We were having dinner at a members house and there was a 15 year old girl selling cookie dough for her basketball team and she came in and we were talking with her.  She was a member and all of a sudden sister Roberson starts asking her some weird/random questions.  It came down that she was trying to set her up with her 17 year old brother.  It was so funny and awkward.
7)Our ward council this last week was super awesome, this ward is such a missionary minded ward, I love it.  The whole time we talked about Elder Christensen "Power of an everyday Missionary" book and how the auxiliary leaders can invite people and get more members excited about the hastening of the work
8) We did a bunch of service this week raking leaves.  It was actually a ton of fun and we raked this one mans house who is not a members so there could be potential there.  Of course with piles of leaves around Sister Roberson had to jump in the piles like a little kid.  It was actually quite entertaining.  On Saturday we went out with one of the wards we cover.  It was awesome and I got to know a lot of the members a lot better.  At one house we filled up 60 bags!!! It was nuts, I will attach the photo of all the bags that we filled up.
9) apparently there are a lot of disobiedent missionaries in the mission.  I feel like my bubble of missionaries has popped.  A lot of them sleep in till like 10am.  There are some that even went to a concert, which is just shocking to me.  I am more disappointed when I hear about sisters being obedient.  I feel like it is their choice to be out here serving and they know what is expected of them and what the rules are.  If they can't handle it then they shouldn't have come out.  Luckily all my companions I have have been able to get up at 630 every morning because it would be difficult if I had to do that by myself.  I hear of a lot of missionaries that also hang out at members house a lot as well, which I feel like can be a waste of time.  I really like this quote I heard a few weeks ago. "obedience brings blessings, but exact obedience brings miracles" .  I want to be able to say at the end of my mission and to the Lord on Judgement day that I gave it my all and I was obedient to all the rules.
10) Happy Birthday Mommy!!! I hope you have an amazing day!  I love you!
Love you all and hope that all is well.  It sounds like there is a lot going on at home and a lot of changes happening.  I think about you all and pray for you all everyday.  I promise that next weeks e-mail will be better.

Love
   Sister Metcalf

No comments:

Post a Comment