Monday, December 30, 2013

Monday December 30, 2013

 It was so good talking to most of you on Christmas.  It seemed like you were all having a really good time there at Elise's house, I hope that you all had a really good Christmas and that you will have an amazing New Years as well.  It was so good to see you all.  Thank you all so much for the gifts that you sent me, i received way to much this year, but I will put it all to good use I promise! Overall it was a really good day for me, we saw a lot of members, I seriously love them here in this area so much! They take such good care of me and are really generous.  They family we had breakfast with that morning gave us all 50 dollars to Walmart each!!  I wanted to cry with all the gifts members have been giving us this week! We ate a lot of meals and snacked a lot and got to play games with the members as well which was a ton of fun.  I was surrounded by little kids so it felt like the Christmas I could of had with all my nieces and nephews. I might of eaten way to much this week and people kept sending us home with food and treats.  I got to kick it into high gear this week with no sweets and working out harder in the morning. 
   This week was slower than usual due to the Holiday season with trying to meet with our investigators as well as find new investigators as well.  But it is pushing me to go out guns blazing this week to help the mission reach that goal of having 500 new investigators by January 7th.  We meant with one of the over aged youth that we have began teaching and we already set him on a Baptismal date which was awesome.  He knows so much already of the gospel and is just so excited to be baptized.  We had a cool experience this week with a less active, part member family.  I have visited them before and they are such an awesome family, the dad is not a member,but loves the missionaries and helping them out whenever he can.  He is an internal investigator, deep down he knows that it is true, but we are trying to help him realize that.  He has a few hang ups that I am trying to figure out how to address.  One of them is that he doesn't understand why we spend so much on temples when in olden times it use to be a tent.  Anyways so years ago 4 of his sons got baptized and only one of them is still active.  They were all here for the Holiday season and the husband was the one that encouraged his grandchildren to be blessed.  So 5 of them got blessed this week at his house and we were there for that.  It was such a cool experience, little by little I hope that the spirit continues to soften his heart and work on him.
   Nothing too exciting going on over here, know that I love you all and hope that you are all doing well.  Double training is even more draining. Sorry my letter is so short this week but I know Megan's will be great with her Baptism.  This months Ensign is awesome, I found this story in there and I was wondering if someone could print it out for me and give it to Grandpa, that would be greatly appreciated.  I have been thinking about him a lot and hope that he is doing well. 
  I love you all so much! http://www.mormonchannel.org/video/mormon-messages?v=910930409001&cid=HPTH122613304&im=true Love this video, set some goals for the new year and forget about everything and the mistakes from last year!  I feel so blessed to have the knowledge of the atonement in my life.  Just like new years we can forget about the past and move forward.

Love
Sister Metcalf








No comments:

Post a Comment