Monday, December 8, 2014

Monday December 8, 2014

"It depends on the hands"
I can't believe that it is already Preparation day again! This letter might be a little shorter since I just wrote you a few days ago.  So last Thursday the people we lived with took us out to dinner.  Brother Olsen left for China on Friday so this would be his last time seeing sister Broberg before she left.  They took us out to a restaurant named Fork, it was super good.  I love this family, they are so awesome and they really do take good care of us.

    On Friday we had zone meeting, the zone leaders asked me to do the following up training on finding vs. referrals trap.  It is the same thing that I did in District Meeting.  I think that is the one thing I miss the most of being a Sister Training Leader(except for going on exchanges of course), is training.  I love telling people the things that I have learned.  I love helping increase their knowledge as well as help motivate them to be better missionaries and to work.  It is so true what they say, I learn so much more than they probably do when I study for and give a training.  We tried to contact some people but were on successful, we ended up stopping by an older couple in the ward to provide service.  We helped them put up their Christmas decorations, they were so grateful for that.  Last year they didn't have the energy to do it and they weren't sure if it was gonna happen this year! I seriously love seeing the joy and happiness on peoples faces when doing things for them.

   A tender mercy from Friday happened around8:30, it is always at the end of the night.  We had gotten out of visiting a part member family, which that within itself was a miracle as well.  We had been trying to contact them forever.  He opened the door and let us right in.  He went on a mission and is less active and his now second wife is not a member.  They have a son that is actually serving a mission right now.  So we are gonna try to start working with them.  Walking out Sister Broberg and I realized that their son has probably been praying for them while he has been out on his mission and we could be an answer to that prayer.  Anyways so after that tender mercy it was about 8:30 and we seriously had no idea where to go. We tried a few people but nothing was working out, I said a prayer to know who the Lord needed us to go see a Rebecca popped into my mind.  She is someone that we tracted into on Sunday and was interested in the live nativity.  So we decided to go back and to give her a flyer.  As soon as she opened the door she invited us in.  Last time we only visited with her for a few minutes on her doorstep.  She was so happy to see us, we only had a few minutes so we invited her to the nativity and she told us that she wanted to bring her non-member family with her.  It was awesome!!! She even gave us some muffins before we left and asked us to come back.  It is just like Megan has said before, it is always the last house!

     Saturday was a pretty busy day for us as well! We helped make fruit baskets the ward gives out to those they try to keep in contact with in the ward that are less active or might be struggling.  We then help set up the lights for the live Nativity that the youth put on which is this week! Afterward we helped a less active move out.  That was pretty hard, I seriously loved working with her.  She so wants to be active, but her husband is not wanting to at the moment.  They are expecting a kid so I hope that that softens his heart.  We were trying to get her to come to church and go to the temple with us.  I pray that the missionaries and members in that ward will swoop them up.  They are so ready to come back, or at least she is.  All she needs is some friendship!

    So later Saturday night I got to go back to my old are of Boise South again!  I got to go see Charlie Wilson baptize and confirm his daughter! It was such a cool thing to experience, to see someone you have helped come into the gospel baptize someone else.  He has totally change, you can see it in him.  He did such a good job and you could tell how happy he was that he got to baptize his own daughter and not another relative.  I got to talk to Bishop Bates a little before and he updated me on everything.  He told me how he sees Charlie being in a bishopric in about 5 years.  That is just so amazing to me to see how much the gospel can bless someones life.

   So I just want to end with the concept that I had heard the other week that really had a big impact on me... I call it 

"It depends on the hands"

 A Basketball in my hands is worth about $20.99, a basketball in the hands of Lebron James is worth 19 million per year.  It depends on whose hands its in.

A tennis racket in my hands is worth about $17.99.,a tennis racket in the hands of Serena Williams is worth about 20 million per year.  It depends on whose hands its in.

A baseball in my hands is worth about $3.00, a base baseball in the hands of Derek Jeter is worth about 35 million per year.  It depends on whose hands its in.

Two fish and 5 loaves of bread in my hands would make a few fish sandwiches.  Two fish and 5 loaves of bread in the Saviors hands will feed 5000 people until they are full, and still leave 12 baskets left over.  It depends on whose hands they are in.

Some nails in my hands are worth about 5 cents.  Some nails in the Saviors hands will provide Eternal Salvation for each person who has ever lived on this Earth, and all of Heavenly Fathers' children.

It depends on whose hands they're in.  When we put our lives in the hands of the Savior we can achieve infinitely more than we ever could on our won.  It depends on whose Handsthey're in.

I love you all so much! I am so grateful to have you all in my life!  I hope you all know how important you are all to me, but more importantly I hope you know how important each and everyone of you are to our Father in Heaven and to our brother Jesus Christ.  They each love you immensely and I challenge you all this time of year to discover and embrace that love that they have with you and then share.  Discover the Gift of our Saviors birth.  Embrace that Gift. Share it.  Keep being amazing, look for opportunities to reach out to those around you and share that love that you and God has for them. Find the good and the positive each day, look for those tender mercies from the Lord.

Love
Sister Metcalf

No comments:

Post a Comment