Monday, September 22, 2014

Monday September 22, 2014

Well this week has kind of been one in the slumps I feel like.  Remember Andrew, the 15 year old boy that we had set a baptismal date with? Well I guess he got overwhelmed and was having panic attacks and he dropped us.  That was hard for us.  Sister Haas met a couple of potential investigators this week while on exchanges, but I haven't met them yet.
   We also had a Sister Conference this week, and it was really good, but kind of long.  Sister Haas and I taught about teaching for commitments.  We kind of broke things down about how there are about 400,000+ people in our mission and only about 200 missionaries.  So that means that each missionary is in charge of 2,000 people. That is 2,000 whither they be non members or members that we are suppose to invite to come closer to Christ.  And the way that we do that is by extending to them commitments.  So out of the number of weeks that we serve in our mission we as individuals should be extending 25 commitments individually, meaning 50 as a companionship.  That information was so powerful to me.
   A little miracle this week is that we knocked on a less active mans door on Thursday and set up an appointment to go back to visit with him and his wife on Saturday to teach them the Restoration.  When we went back his wife wasn't feeling well, she has Polio so she sits in her chair a lot in another room.  We ended up visiting with him.  He talked about how he grew up in the church and how is brother is very active.  He said how his brother was just in town visiting a few days ago and asked if he had sent us.  We just laughed and said how God works in mysterious ways.  We started teaching him the Restoration and when I started talking about How the Gospel Blesses Families and asked him what he remembers being taught growing up.  He asked me how I have come to know that the Gospel is true.  I bore my testimony of it and then he in return told us of certain experiences where he knows that the gospel is true.  Really cool stories, he says how he still believes but just got out of the habit.  He then said how he got into other habits of the word of wisdom and doesn't want to go back to church with them.  We talked to him about the blessings of him coming back to church and he talked about his wife.  We really see a lot of potential there.  I love seeing the hearts of the people change.  He kind of got emotional with us and said he hasn't been that way/felt that way in a long time.  It was totally the spirit working on him.
   So transfers happened this past week and I guess it just doesn't seem real yet.  But Sister Haas got transferred! She went down from being an Sister Training Leader, President Winder has been trying to route people in and out of leadership positions. We seriously thought that we were going to be together for 3.  We had really been building up the work here in the Eagle area and we have really been rolling the balls on things and we both just felt that this put a halt on everything.  I am training a new STL, her name is Sister Clegg.  She is actually a Spanish speaking missionary, but has served in English for the past two transfers. She was in my old district in the Boise South area.  
    I feel like this weekend has been a world wind for me.  One of the sisters that would go out with us, just left on her mission and gave her farewell talk.   She is so great, I got kind of emotional during her talk. It was hard to say goodbye to her, she told us that she truly felt like we were both suppose to be serving in her ward so that we could get her excited about going on her mission.  As well as yesterday as we were driving around saying goodbye to people and taking pictures I lost my camera!!!!!! It seriously was in a 30 minute time frame when I lost it and it we were only at 3 different places.  We stopped off at some peoples homes and in between we saw this cool water mill thing so we decided to take pictures.  When we got to the next house I realized it was gone so we retraced our steps.  We were gone for maybe 5 minutes and when we went back to look it was gone.  It was a little heart wrenching to me, not losing the camera but my card that had the last 7 1/2 months of my mission on it.  We said a prayer and kept looking but couldn't find it.  We even went back this morning to give it one more shot.  I think someone must of been walking by and saw it and picked it up.  I hope that they were a member or know a member that they can give it to.  I still have hope that it may turn up, but I feel like the realistic side of me has just given up and is just wanting to move on.
   These past few days have been a struggle for me, but I know that that is just how it is in missionary work.  Sorry that this is short but know that I love you all! and I hope all is well with you!
Love
Sister Metcalf

No comments:

Post a Comment