Monday, September 29, 2014

Monday September 29, 2014

Reading Megan's e-mail, I feel like we had somewhat similar weeks.  We actually did really well with lessons this week, we got 18 total lessons, which is one of the highest weeks since I have been serving here in Eagle.  We got into a couple of less actives that we have not met before, but it has felt like a long week to me.  The days seem long and the weeks seem longer.  I feel like I am just tired all the time and worn out. I, like Megan, am dragging my companion along for the ride.  I mean I have done this type of thing before, but it feels harder this time around.  Maybe it is because I just came from a companion where we were both equally yoked.  And going back to being the one that does all the work just feels harder this time around.  My companion doesn't like to talk much, I am the one that usually has to do most of the teaching and small talk. She also doesn't like to contact people, I try to get her to do some door approaches but all she does is just say hello and then looks at me.  I try to stand there for as long as I can but I can only take about 8 seconds of awkward silence before I just take over.  It is a little frustrating.  I am trying to keep the fire going in Eagle, but my tank is low and a lot of our potentials that Sister Haas and I found have either been progressing slowly or didn't pan out.  So we are back to square one, but this time I am on my own to try and find us some investigators and potentials.
    I love the people in Eagle though, I have really grown close to the members in these two wards that we are over, I feel like they have really helped me out.  They bring me that comfort and relief when I need it.  The Lord is always sending me tender mercies my way and I am so grateful for them.  One of the miracles this week was with one of our investigators Nick.  We hadn't been able to meet with him for the last few weeks because of the wedding, but we finally got to see him this week.  Him and his wife's whole family(who are members) have really been struggling, and he told us of this experience that he had.  He has been looking and applying to jobs for weeks and this week he applied and then got a rejection letter from dominions. He has always had a hard time praying, but this week he decided to pray.  He asked God for his help and guidance in his life and later that day he actually got a call from Dominions for an interview and then later that day got a call for another interview.  So he is starting to recognize that God is aware of him and truly cares about him.  That might not seem like a big step, but to me it is such a huge step! Slowly he is progressing, but I just know that he will be baptized.
   So on Saturday I had one of the saddest and worst experience in a sense on my mission.  So there are two teenagers that were baptized here in our ward over the summer.  We have really been working with them teaching the new member lessons and trying to keep them strong in the church cuz they have been struggling the last few weeks.  It is just them and their mom that live together, their mom doesn't really care much what they do.  She is depressed a lot and just drinks when she gets home from work, a really sad situation.  Well their house went into foreclosure and on Saturday the ward helped them move out of their home and into a new house that they will be renting.  No one had ever been in that house, so no one knew how bad it was going to be.  I have never seen a house so dirty and disgusting in my life.  They had three dogs that were indoor dogs and they literally peed all over the carpet and pretty sure there was so diarrhea on there as well.  It didn't look like the house had been clean in years.  There was rat poop everywhere! And I mean everywhere.  There was even 10 mice that were caught in mice traps just laying there.  I guess they had just bought the mice traps a few days ago, normally they would just run around.  There was food hid in places and forgotten about that were moldy and had rat poop in it.  It was so sad to see the kids bedrooms to see how much feces and mice were in their rooms.  I felt like I couldn't breathe the whole time I was there.  Everyone was in shock and just felt sick to their stomachs.  They had no ideas that the kids had been living like that.  I wish I would of had my camera in order to take pictures.  I think the women in the ward are really going to rally around their mom and the kids to make sure the new place they are in stay clean.  There were some young men there and I think that was a great example to them of why you should do your chores every single week.  Some of the closets we just left alone, we were afraid to find out what rodents were in their.  We just moved stuff out, we didn't do any cleaning, we figured we would just leave it for the bank to deal with.  I feel like it is going to be one of those homes that you see on those reality tv shows where the houses are being auctioned off and the outside looks nice, but when the person walks inside they are going to be shocked.
    The women's conference was so great on Saturday, I just loved the focus on the temples.  I loved how they focused on how it is a place where we make covenants with our Father in Heaven, not a place to just get married.  I felt like that was good because I felt like when I was in YW whenever we talked about the temple it was about getting married there.  I think it was good for them to know that we go to the temple to make more covenants with our Father in Heaven and then we get married. I am so excited for general conference this weekend and to hear from the Prophet and Apostles.
   Know that I love you all so much and pray for you all! I hope you have a great week.  I attached one of the new Mormon Messages.  It is one of my favorites, no good deed goes unnoticed! 
You Never Know
Love
 Sister Metcalf
P.S. Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment