Monday, July 14, 2014

Monday July 14, 2014

Christmas in July

So earlier in the week i had this thought come to me after a few events that took place(i will explain them later) and Mom sent me a year mark card with that exact same thing this week so I felt like it fit my subject line perfectly.  Yes mom I got the little gift and i love it, i wear the necklace almost everyday :)

    So let me just start off with the biggest miracle for me in the longest time.  So you all remember Charlie Wilson right?! I have been teaching him since I have gotten here and he has been taught by missionaries for the last 5 years.  So last week we talked to him about picking a date, that we weren't going to pick one for him but he needed to since it was all being factored around the family reunion.  Well we sat down at his house last Monday night and were just small talking, and then Charlie brings up his baptism.  He said "I have a date" And I just said"okay sounds good, when are you thinking". He then replied "That it wasn't going to be in August". My heart just dropped, i thought great he is pushing it back like he has done in the past. He then walked over to the calendar to check the date and asked if the 26th would work. I paused and said of "which month?!" and he said "July". My mouth just dropped opened.  I said "Wait July 26th?! Like this month" and just said "Yep". I just replied "I think that could work", but inside I seriously was screaming and jumping up and down. I seriously cannot believe still that this is happening! We actually taught he again lesson 1 that night, he had read the pamphlet before we had come over. He seriously was the one that taught us, we just asked him questions and he just taught us the lessons.  I was so shocked because he was taking everything seriously and we could tell that he had actually retained and remembered a lot of things from these past 5 years. We set up an appointment to go back on Wednesday later that week to teach him the next lesson, because we had less than 3 weeks we would have to meet with him twice a week to get everything in.  He called us on Wednesday and I seriously thought that he was going to cancel, but he was just letting us know that he had read all of the pamphlets.  I couldn't believe it! This was not the Charlie that I have been working with for the past 5 months.  We went and taught him the next lesson and it was just as amazing as the the last one.  He literally just taught us everything, we just asked him questions and he just led us straight into the next section.  I seriously haven't been able to stop smiling this whole week and just jumping up and down with joy.  This is for real, I can just tell that this is serious for him this time and that he is taking everything seriously.  I don't know what it was, but I know this has been a testimony builder to me that I just need to trust in the Lord and his timing.  JULY 26TH!!!! It is happening! I can not explain to you the excitement I have and the feelings that I am feeling right now. It is moments like these(and of course other ones as well) that just makes everything worth it, all those hard days and lessons that you have with those investigators, those moments when you just want to drop them or take away their agency. It just clicks and miracles happen.  I feel so lucky to have been here, I know that this is one of the reasons why the Lord needed me to stay in this area for one more transfer.

     Also this week we went back to visit Anne, I don't know if you remember me talking about her.  She is an excommunicated member in the elders ward(that requested sisters) that has been meeting with missionaries as well for about over a year.  I had really been thinking about her a lot lately. A few weeks ago we really didn't feel like she was progressing, all she had left to do was to set up the interview with the Stake President but she was dragging her feet about it.  Sister Hatch and I told her that we felt like we had done all that we had done and that it was on her and that we wouldn't be stopping by anymore.  Well we hadn't heard from her in a few weeks and the Elders were telling us that she hadn't been to church as well for the last few weeks. I was really worried about her and I called her to ask if we could come by the next day which she agreed.  We met up and it all went really well. We had a good talk about everything and she had said that what we did had really shaken her up, but it was the wake up call that she needed.  She is out of town this weekend, but she said that as soon as she got back she would set up the appointment and asked us to call and remind on Tuesday. It was just a tender mercy of the Lord, I am glad that I stayed here another transfer because I feel like I would of never been able to know what happened to her after I left.

     This week we went on two exchanges and went two 3 district meetings. Kind of a lot.  Our mission president asked us Sister Training Leaders to attend the other sisters district meetings once a transfer of the zones that we are over that we don't attend their zone meeting.  As much as it seemed, i kind of loved it, ill take every opportunity I have to get a spiritual upliftment. I feel like this week has been great overall! Just a lot of tender mercies and miracles. We actually received 3 media referrals this week which is unheard of!

   One of them I am a little excited about, we received a referral of a family moving to Boise that is in our area, and the person who sent the referral told us to contact him with results and gave his phone number.  Well that person just happened to be the Mission President of the Spokane Washington Mission. Yep, i get to call and talk to Megan's mission president.  I think that is just so funny. What a small world, I wounder if it is a quiescence that this happened. 

   We saw some miracles at church as well this week, we had some less actives come that we haven't seen in a while as well as an investigator that we actually dropped a few weeks ago because we weren't able to  meet up with him and teach him for the longest time.  I guess it is just all in the Lord's timing. That is one thing that I have learned a lot this past transfer I feel like.

   Things are going really well, I seriously cannot believe that I hit my year mark this week! That is just crazy to me and scary at the same time.  I hope all of you are receiving those blessings that you deserve, I love you all so much! Keep doing what you are doing!

ALL IN!

Love
Sister Metcalf

P.S. Found a Bruins street at just had to take a picture 

No comments:

Post a Comment