Monday, February 24, 2014

February 24, 2014

Mi family,
    It has been a hard couple of days trying to say goodbye to everyone.  I got transferred!  I am now with Sister Allen, she is an STL and came out one transfer before me.  I know her pretty well and she is just awesome and so sweet.  I also have been made a Sister Training Leader, so crazy! So we will be co-STL together.  They are starting to put STL together, to better help each other out.  I was the only one this transfer, so there are only 6 for the whole mission.  That seems crazy that there are only 6 sisters to be over 70+ sister missionaries.  Guess that means I will be going on a ton of exchanges.  I am super excited to take on this new responsibility and step up to the plate.  I feel so grateful for the trust that President has instilled in me. I am a little relieved that I won't be training again, not saying that I don't ever want to train again but it is nice to have a little break.  It is great to be with someone who has been out a little bit longer and I don't have to feel like everything is on me, I feel like in a sense we will be able to "run" together with the missionary work as to the Lords will.  I came over here to her area, Boise South Stake.  It is about 5 miles east of where I was just serving.  Little older area and houses, but seems like a pretty decent size area.
    It was so hard for me to have to say goodbye to my ward, I honestly feel like I could of been there another transfer but I also know that my time would come.  Things were going so well, it was hard to leave a place where I had started to nothing and had built up to be teaching 8 investigators and working with 25+ less actives.  There was so much work going on in Summerset, that ward was my family.  I really knitted myself in that ward.  Bishop asked me to bear my testimony before in Sacrament meeting,his little girl who is two years old came up to me and said goodbye, she doesn't speak much but she said my name, it was so precious and really touched my hear.  There was lots of teary eyes that day in church saying goodbye to everyone.  But it was also comforting to know that I would be back to visit as well.That ward was too good to me, and I know that I wouldn't of been able to progress the work along if it wasn't for the ward members. I also had to say goodbye to the Andrus' they felt like parents to me and their home felt like my home. They gave me their numbers and told me if I ever need anything to call them, I promised them I would be back to visit.  Leaving today was hard, not gonna lie I shed a few tears, it felt like I was leaving home.  I also came to realize a tender mercy of the Lord this morning, that during these holiday season I have been with them and I think the Lord knew how much family means to me.  I have been so blessed to live with members for the holidays, but more importantly to live with people that felt like family.  I say that because in my new area I will be living in an apartment with another set of sisters, so it will be different.
   This week was a really great week for us with so twists at the end.  We ended up having to have a third sister with us Friday until transfers cuz her companion went home which was hard because we had to work in her area as well as ours.  Weekends are our best days so it was hard trying to balance things out but overall everything was good expect Saturday.  The other sister forgot to cancel her dinner so we had two! The Lord helped us to be able to have two meals, but I have been paying the price for it the past few days, my stomach wasn't to happy with me. We contacted some less actives I haven't met before and some went well and some weren't interested.  There was one that was a mother and son that said they are wanting to come back to church. So awesome!  We taught Emilie as well and we invited her to be baptized and she said yes!!!! She said that she didn't want to rush into things though and wants to know everything.  She understands how big a commitment baptism is which is awesome.  Next time they plan on talking to her about that and hopefully set a baptismal date.  The biggest miricle I saw this week was with Max, one of our youth investigators.  He kind of had pulled back on him because the mom wanted to wait until the dad was able to baptize him.  This week I felt like we needed to visit them since it had been about two weeks since we had seen them. So we text ed his mom and she said we could come by.  We finished up the last lesson with him, at the end I told him how he was all done with the lessons and he should decide with his parents when he should get baptized.  The mom said they wanted to move forward with him being baptized and allow the bishop to do.  We are shooting for the second weekend of march, that is what she wanted.  I was so happy after that, it was a little tender mercy from the Lord that he knows me and hears my prayers.  It was nice to leave the area on a good note.  I hope to come back often for the baptisms of the other investigators in the area.  That is probably the toughest thing is to build up an area and then leave it to other sisters and hope that things go well.  I guess I just got to trust in the Lord.
   I am excited for this next chapter in my mission. It still amazes me how fast it is going by. Quick question. So I have sent out a few letters they are small square sizes. I usually don't put a return address on it, but one one of them I did and It got sent back to me because it was too small it says.  I was wondering if they threw them out or if they still delivered them.  Oh and what I want for my birthday I am not sure yet but i will let you know.  But for sure I want either a hand written or type form of all your testimonies, kids included.  This is what I am really desiring right now so you have a few weeks to form them.  I love you all so much and miss you all! I hope all is well and that the Lord is blessing your lives.

Love
Sister Metcalf

My New address is:
3695 West Morris Hill
#3
Boise, ID 83706

The Famous Joe i'm always talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment