Tuesday, February 18, 2014

February 18, 2014

Today is our Preparation Day since it is our temple day as well.  We got to do a session at the temple which was amazing, and we saw the new video.  It was really good, I truly wish that I was able to go to the temple more often. Things in our area are about the same, so less actives willing to meet with us and lots of rejection.  My companion was getting down about the less actives not wanting to come back to church and she asked me why this is.  I told her I wasn't sure, but i told her to look at the bright side.  That we were weaving out the people that aren't ready to find those and focus on those that the Lord has prepared for us to work with.  And hopefully in a few months they will be ready for the next missionaries that come.  We have a decent size teaching pool and working with a quite a bit of less actives that have been receptive and even some have already started coming back.  One of our investigators that we are working with who use to be a member told us that she has a desire to get baptized again and get back to the temple, but she has a lot of worries on the little things.  We are trying to focus her on the basics and have her regain her testimony of the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith.  Our youth that we are teaching are all doing really well, still trying to figure out how to get the parents on board.  We talked to Kaila, one of the recent youths we began teaching a few weeks ago and we talked to her about the importance of her getting baptized sooner and not settling to wait until she is 18.   This week we picked up a new investigator and taught her the restoration, it went really well and we plan on teaching her the plan of salvation this Wednesday.  We also have a few potentials that we came across from trying to contact less actives that have moved.  Things are really going well here missionary work wise, just need to keep pushing harder and help get a few of my investigators with a baptismal date.
   This weekend seemed to be a weekend of service for us, we helped clean a few peoples houses and we helped a less active white wash her walls.  Her deceased husband use to be an avid smoker and she is wanting to get rid of the smell.  So we helped her wash the walls down as well as help her paint.I had a fun little adventure this week with Joe, I have mentioned him before.  Anyway one time I had mentioned to him how I wanted to milk a cow and he set that up for me this week.  Yep I milked a cow and drank the milk! It was quite fun, but don't worry i didn't let it interfere with my missionary work. 
   This weekend was stake conference, and for the Saturday night session the focus was on hastening the work.  The stake president called all us full time missionaries up to answer questions, one thing that stuck out to me that he said is that we weren't called here to an area or city, but to a people, we were called here to their friends and neighbors.  That really made me think of things differently.  Overall stake conference went really well and we actually have received some referrals from it.
  Well sorry this email is super short.  Things are  a little more rushed today with us going to the temple.  This Saturday is transfer calls so everything is up in the air.  I would start sending letters to the mission office until you hear where I will be officially.
  Know that I love you all and am so gratefully to be out here serving.  I know my birthday is in a few weeks but just a heads up, for my Birthday I would love for all of you to write me your testimonies, little kids as well.  So this gives you some time to think about it.  THis would really mean a lot to me.  I love you all!!!

Love
Sister Metcalf


No comments:

Post a Comment