Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Wednesday July 31, 2013 (1st letter in Boise)

Hey everyone,
    SO my Mission President is allowing us 30 minutes today to e-mail our family.  SO yesterday I had to get up at 330 in the morning and we took the front runner to the tracks to get to the airport.  We landed in Boise a little bit before 11.  As soon as the plane hit the ground I was so overwhelmed with the spirit that I knew this is where I was suppose to be! Our mission President and his wife(The Winders), met us at the airport and they are such a darley little couple.  We met at the Boise State singles ward building and had lunch there and had our meetings with our Mission President.  After that we were thrown into the field and had to go knock on doors, and I can tell you that I knew from there that my mission was going to be tougher than I expected.  There were maybe two people that open their doors to us, but did not want to accept our message.  I learned quickly that tracking is defiantly the least effective way to contact people.  They fed us pizza for lunch and we got pulled pork sandwiches for dinner.  We went back to another sisters apartment to spend the night and I was blessed to have Sister Farley with me.  She was in my district and I lived with her in the MTC and we just get a long so well and are super close.  That definitely brought me a great deal of comfort to know that she was there and that we were going through this together.  I have seen the Lords hands in my everyday life, it is so amazing that He is so aware of my needs and concerns.
   So this morning I got assigned to my trainer!!!! And since their are not that many training sisters and a lot of new sisters came in, I am 1 of the 5 sister trios.  My other companion is Sister Thompson, who was also in my district at the MTC and I lived with her as well.  My trainer's name is Sister Dickey, and she is from Ohio.  I actually talked to her a little bit last night when I saw here and she knows Nathan.  Nathan I don't know if you remember her or not, but she went to lake powell with all of you and was the one that was dating Eric.  Small world right?!  She is the 8th child of 16 kids and has been out for 14 months.  I am so excited to learn so much from her.
    I told the Mission President that my sister lived in Merridan and I actually got assign to the Meridan West Stake.  It's so weird that I am this close to Jensa.  We actually got off of ten mile road and I am actually writting my letter to you all from the Library that Jensa goes to on Cherry Lane.  We only cover two wards in the stake and we actually live at a members house on Barrett road.  That is so funny to me because my MTC teacher's name was Brother Barrett.  They had just moved in there last night, so I havent met the family yet or my trainer. I know that they are a couple that is in their 50s or 60s and have three children that are all grown up and they have 5 grandkids. I did see that they have a dog which is defiently nice and makes it seem more homey.  We are all squeezing into a small room, so it will probably be a tight squeeze for the next 6 weeks since there is 3 of us.  We have a car, but we plan on walking more since are area is smaller.  They think that by next transfer that there will be a lot less cars for sister missionaries and they will have to bike or walk more.  I am so excited and nervous at the same time.  I have no clue what the Lord has in store for me.  I know that it is going to be a lot of hard work and I am going to try and get a lot of help from the members because tracking is no fun!!!  I love you all and I hope all is well.  Send this out to everyone.  I will e-mail pictures on p-day which is on Monday btw.  Pray for the people in Boise and Spokane to open up their homes to Megan and I and pray for both of us as well!!!  I still can't believe that I am finally here out in the field, I don't think it has fully hit me yet.  I love you all.  Oh and before I forget mom I did get your "greene" package and I love it, i don't think I will need the cleaning supplies tho hahaha  Until Monday...
 
Love
Sister Metcalf
 
P.S. what is amy's address? I do not have it written down for some reason :(
P.P.S. You will heve to tell me where you move to Elise, and find out who the missionaries are in your ward(you too Jensa) and I will see if I know them
P.P.S. I forgot to tell you some quick facts our area covers 500,000 people and there are 12 stakes.  Right now there is 100 missionaries out, but they expect a big baches of missionaries every six weeks.  And we were the first transfer of missionaries for our Mission President.
P.P.P.S.  Mom I will probably sending you my mp3 home because I can for sure not have, unless I can mail it to Jensa or Elise and they can put that music onto CD's some how.

No comments:

Post a Comment