Monday, November 3, 2014

Monday November 3,2014

"Dropping the little kids off at the pool"‏

Okay so I will start off with transfers, I got transferred to Meridian South :( I was really sad to leave Eagle. The people there are just amazing and the ward there is amazing and the work is going so well up there.  It was so hard to say goodbye to everyone up there that I have grown so close with.  I am no longer an STL any more, i went down to be co-senior companions with Sister Broberg! Yep you heard right, I am serving with the only other missionary that is from Simi Valley, CA hahahaha This is her last transfer so I will be "killing" her off.  I can just tell we are gonna have a blast this transfer and just work it! As sad as it was for me to leave I know that it had to happen in order for me to possible train before I go home.  I think it might happen.  Because since this is sister Broberg's last transfer i will have to get a new companion next transfer. She will be my 12th companion...that is just nuts to me, but I have loved every companion that I have had! So looks like I will be leaving with the lucky #13 companions(my favorite number...looks like the Lord does work in mysterious ways ahahah). I will be back to covering one ward :( And apparently it is small like half a square mile big, but hey I can work with that! I plan on seeing miracles this transfer and sending out Sister Broberg with the best transfer of her mission!
        This week was such a great week of tender mercies I feel like from the Lord.  The beginning of the week started out a little slow, but I feel like it ended with a bang for sure! On Thursday I was leaving the house with a feeling that it was going to be a great day, have you ever had those feelings before? I seriously love them on the mission.  So last week we had received a media referral for a girl who had referred herself. She said that she had taken the discussions before and wanted to refresh her memory.  Well we tried all last week to contact her but was having no success. Finally as a last resort we texted her on Tuesday.  On Wednesday we had gotten a text back from her about her losing her phone but had set up a time to see her the next day.  We met her at the church with our R.S.P. and taught her the Restoration. She is so amazing and so elect. She was just soaking up everything and asking about church on Sunday.  The sad thing is is that we will have to pass her off to YSA because she is 19 :( After that experience I was super jealous of Megan.  I would love to serve in the YSA ward, I agree with Megan that there is just something different about teaching those that are the same age as you.  Yow can just relate to them and be so much more bolder with them.  We are meeting up with the YSA Elders this week to pass her off to them. The lesson went super well and she excepted a soft baptismal invite! Meaning when she comes to know these things are true she will follow the example of her Savior Jesus Christ and be baptized by someone holding the proper priesthood authority of God! Sometimes I think I get too attached to people, she is seriously so great!!!
    To top off that amazing day, as we pulled in to our house, Sister Clegg was going back reading through all the texts that the mission office had sent because they had kind of sent a lot that day. As she was reading text one of them was to tell me how the Cuillers for Boise West were getting baptized!!! I had found that family a year ago!!! That just blew my mind, I was so stoked to hear that.  I was overwhelmed with love and tender mercies from the Lord that day.  That sometimes when the going gets tough you keep going and pushing through and the Lord will bless you. Sometimes you don't see it right away, sometimes I won't see them at all in the mission, but I felt blessed that the Lord had allowed me to be even more blessed! It was a testimony builder to me that sometimes others take longer than others, but we just have to be patient and trust in the Lord's timing!
     We had zone conference this week with Elder Godoy, and it was just amazing, he is seriously such a funny guy.  Such a great spiritual experience, I wish I could write about everything that I learned and came away from it, but I don't have enough time :( He focused a lot on Chapter 6 of Preach my Gospel which was Christlike attributes. So he focused a lot on us becoming the person our Father in Heaven needs us to be! He was really inspiring. I also had to give my trunk-a-mony or my last testimony in Zone Conference, it was so surreal to me. I started to cry a little bit, it was a little rough. It kind of hit how quickly this is all coming to an end but I quickly reminded myself as well that I still have so much more time left to see miracles and so much more that the Lord needs me to do.
   Yesterday was probably my favorite Sunday in my whole mission! Well Alex(the new investigator came to the family ward on Sunday all by herself!!!!! She came there because she felt more comfortable since she knew us there.  There were quite a few less actives that came out as well as some of the youth brought some non-memner friends!!!! At first the fast and testimony meeting started out a little rough and i was nervous not gonna lie! But then it was amazing! Some of the most powerful testimonies I had heard were given about the basics of the gospel, about Jesus Christ and Joseph Smith which was seriously just perfect.  I ended up bearing my testimony as well, I just love doing that! There were tons of youth that bore their testimony as well, they are seriously awesome. I just know they are going to be great missionaries when they go out!
   So last tender mercy of the week, so as I was packing up this morning which was hard for me to do, not gonna lie. We got a text from Alexandria(the new investigator) just talking about how much she just loved church.  She also said she had been praying a lot about what we had taught her and she said she wants to get baptized! My heart was filled with so much joy! I felt so blessed to of been able to see this last tender mercy from the Lord before I left.  We told her how excited we were for her, I told her I would make it back for her baptism!
    The church is true! All of it, every single bit. Joseph Smith saw our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I know it to be true, to the world it doesn't make sense logically but to me it makes sense spiritually. I know that it is true and all the other stuff that people are trying to say about him do not matter. Don't let it matter to you either.  If you know that the First Vision occurred that is all that matters, that means that He was called to be a prophet of God, and that he translated the Book of Mormon.  No one is perfect, but I know that if he wasn't suppose to be a prophet or wasn't "worthy" or did things that don't seem the greatest, God would of pulled him from leading Christ's restored Church.  I love you all and pray for you all! Keep doing what you are doing!
Love
Sister Metcalf

P.S. I know that the title doesn't make sense, but it does to me. It is a quote this week that I don't want to forget hahaha
P.P.S. My new address is
2746 East Easy Jet Drive
Meridian, Idaho
83642

 Slot Cars
 Sister Haas and I where I probably lost my camera

Pre-Trunk Papers

No comments:

Post a Comment