Monday, August 4, 2014

Monday, August 4th, 2014

Hooray the Ducks
This week there was not too much excitement for us, just basic missionary stuff.  We met with Charlie on Monday and I just loved talking to him.  That family saw so many miracles the weekend of his baptism.  He even told us that he felt as if his dad was there.  I just love hearing things like that because you know those spiritual experiences are what change/effect people the most.  I am so grateful to have the Holy Ghost help in this work because I know that I wouldn't be able to do what He does.  Charlie also passes the sacrament yesterday, I was just beaming when I saw him.  It is amazing to see the change in him with his white shirt, I was just overcome with joy and I just knew that God was so proud of him.  Church was really good as well, we had some less actives come again and it has been so great to see some of the less actives we have been working with become a little more active.  We even had a nonmember show up, he lives with a part member family we are working with, he came last fast sunday but we hadn't seen in him a while so we were shocked when we saw him just show up.  He is 21 though so we are trying to pass him off to the YSA ward.  We were invited to go on an exchange with a set of sisters in the other district and to attend their district meeting.  I wasn't too excited about it at first because I feel like at times we don't give our area enough attention that it needs.  But it ended up being an awesome experience, the district leader really tried to give the district a big boast that he felt like they needed because their district seemed to be in a lull.  He talked about never giving up and giving us the "ladder" we need to get out of our lull, but the only person that can do that is ourselves. I love going to meetings like that, i feel like that is how district meetings should me to give us that encouragement and boast we need as missionaries to dig a little deeper and to push through. I wish there was more I could tell you about this week. Honestly I felt like this was a good week, I love going out each and every day working hard and just enjoying the little moments in the mission field.
  I am sure that you all have already seen it, but if you haven't I would highly suggest that you go and watch "The Hope of God's Light" that is on the Mormon messages. I seriously loved it! It amazes me how well the church puts things out. Sometimes we don't realize the hand that God has played in our lives until we look back.  We see the pieces that God gives us to help us see the big picture and sometimes we miss those pieces or haven't realized that we have received them. The thing I am most grateful for from serving thus far is the relationship I have built with our Father in Heaven and Our Savior.  The opportunity and chance I have been to receive the tools that I need to help me throughout the rest of my life. I love the chance that I have had to fully take away the "Static" noise that the world brings into our lives and just focus on what matters most.  I have been able to tune my radio to the channel I need to to hear the spirit more clearly in my life.  I know that it is so important that I master that even more now because when my mission is over, I know that Satan is going to overload me with the static that will try to take away from the spirit. I just think of that Mormon message called "Voice of the Spirit". It was the video that I used in my training last week in district meeting.  I really love that video.
     I feel like each and every single day I am out here I am getting a little piece of clarity and little by little I am realizing more and more that I must do the will of my Father who has sent me. I have realized that by submitting myself to the will of the Father is only fulfilling the plan that has been created from the beginning of time. I can understand the natural man at times of wanting to give into the things or the world or to things that have no real importance to our eternal progression but for now it is even more important for me right now at this moment to increase all of the attributes the Savior has and do His work. I know that pure happiness in this life is granted to the persons who become meek and lowly in heart and abide by the principles taught in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, I pray for all of you to receive the eternal message that the Savior Lives and because He lives and grants me daily breath, He lives, and I shall conquer death, He lives my mansion to prepare, He lives to bring me safely there. I think that we are always given more in life than we could ever imagine if we listen to the promptings of the Holy Ghost. I would really just like to take a second and testify that the Holy Ghost is so important to ones conversion that God is real He Lives and so does His Son our Savior Jesus Christ. The Holy Ghost allows us to feel peace as what was spoken of by our Savior in John 14:26, Rely on the merits of the Savior as you do that which is well and right in the eyes of our Great Creator the Father of us all you will have sincere life changing guidance from the Spirit that will benefit you in the eternities. I Testify that the Holy Ghost will feel the gap of loneliness and hope, burdens and blessings, an unrepentant soul to a renewed covenant keeper, adhere to the Spirit after all He will tell you the truth of all things. When we look for truth we look for the companionship of the Holy Ghost. Strive for success in life you will always be more successful when the  humility of your soul allows the Spirit to guide i so testify.
    I love being out here, I love the good and the bad.  If we were never to experience hard times, we would never be able to enjoy the sweetness of the good times.  I have been doing a lot of study on Christ this week and a bunch of random different thoughts.  One thing that hit me hard is that we can choose what our attitude will be towards the adversary.  The trials that we have in our lives we can see as blessings, we can choose to be happy no matter what.  I know there are so many more lessons that the Lord needs me to learn in my life, but I am just so grateful for the trials that have been placed in my life thus far.  Because all those things have shaped me into who I amtoday
     Hold off on sending things to the address I am at now, send them to the mission office(1111 s.cole rd.) because next week is transfers. That is just nuts to me. I know that I will most likely be going because I have over stayed my stay in this area. I can not believe it has already been 6 months since I first came in this area, time is flying by.  I don't know what the Lord has in store for me, but I know that whatever it is will be what not only I need, but what the people need that are in that area.  I can't believe that this will most likely be my last area.
     I hope you all know how much I truly love you and pray for you! Watch that video that I was talking about, the newest one on the mormon channel.
Love
Sister Metcalf
P.S. I know my subject is random but Nathan had written that to me in his email to me and it just made me smile when I thought back to those great memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment